Recommended literature about Libya, jihadism, and related issues:
- El-Khawas, Mohamed A. 1986. Qaddafi: his ideology in theory and practice. Brattleboro, Vt: Amana Books.
- Vandewalle, Dirk. 2012. A history of modern Libya. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Vandewalle, Dirk J. 2009. Libya since 1969: Qadhafi’s revolution revisited. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Otman, Waniss A., and Erling Karlberg. 2007. The Libyan Economy Economic Diversification and International Repositioning. Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer.
- Kousa, Musa M. 1978. The political leader and his social background: Muammar Qadafi, the Libyan leader.
- Ayoub, Mahmoud. 2017. Islam and the third universal theory: the religious thought of Mu’ammar al-Qadhdhafi.
- Pack, Jason. 2013. The 2011 Libyan uprisings and the struggle for the post-Qadhafi future. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.